Saturday, May 14, 2011

We are the Artist's Creation

For You formed my inward parts; You knitted me together in my    mother's womb. 
I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. 
Wonderful are your works; My soul knows it very well. (Psalm 139:13-14)

We are God's masterpiece. After the earth and heaven's were made, God, like a potter, took clay and sculpted us into His image. We are a piece of fine art!

Do we ever think of ourselves in this way? Have we ever looked in the mirror as if it were a frame and within the frame was the picture God had in mind when He created us?

Psalm 139 is a Psalm of King David. He understood perfectly well that his existence was solely at the pleasure of God. Without God, he would not be.  And this is true for us as well. God knew who we were before our parents ever conceived of us. And we are precious to our creator.

We are so precious God will not forsake us. We may forsake Him but He will not forsake us.  We are so valuable to Him that even Jesus mentions the joy of heaven when the lost are found . (Luke 15)  David wants to be the masterpiece God had in mind. Knowing that his life is dependant upon the creator, the artist, he concluded this psalm with a request: Search me, O God,  and know my heart! Try me and know my thoughts! And see if there be any grievous way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting. (vv.23-24)

Let us honor our Creator by being dependant on His Holy Spirit to lead us in all truth, the way everlasting!

No comments:

Post a Comment